Triple Display docking station - freezes, beeps and all screens return to primary monitor

Ive tried updating drivers several times. At first I thought the problem was the docking station. But now I am wondering if it may be some lack of resources on my laptop. Would insufficient video RAM cause this?

Here is a more detailed description of the problem.

I am using two external acer monitors along with the laptop monitor (Thinkpad T470) . So three total including laptop. Every so often my mouse will go unresponsive, 2 or 3 seconds later i will hear a 3 tone sound and the monitors will flash. IT end end there. Or it may flash again and/or I hear another three tone sound and the two acer monitors will display the wallpaper and the windows that were on them will return to the laptop primary monitor.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Hi @Imgroove,

Thanks for reaching back out to us!

Based off your description of the issue, there are a few potential factors here. One of which is making sure your computer has the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt 3 updates from Lenovo, as there was a problem in the past involving bad firmware which caused several ThinkPad computers models to experience these sorts of issues through their Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/solutions/ht508988

I’d like to request some logs from your system to best investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your computer, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

Please send the ZIP file that is created over to us at support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket #330954”, just to help match up the details to this post.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for the very quick reply. I just downloaded the PlugDebug tool. The next time it happens I will capture the logs and send them over.

That sounds great. Please do keep me posted.

Thanks!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.