Triple display dock - Ethernet and sound not working

Hi,

I have just received my new USB-C 3.1 triple-display dock.

When I connect it to my XPS13 9360 at does complain about some USB device not working properly, but:

The Alt-mode video output is working fine, basic USB ports are fine too.

But:

1. The audio devices don’t seem to show up in Windows
  2. If I plug in ethernet I get blinky lights on the socket, but no connection and no device showing in Window.

I installed the Displaylink drivers. Are there other drivers required and where do I find them?

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Thanks, my dock is at work so I’ll run the test app on Monday and come back to you.

Hi,

I sent the requested plugdebug output to support@plugable.com.

What I find is that if I boot up my laptop with the dock attached then everything works OK, but if I connect the dock to my laptop whilst it is running then I get the USB error and my ethernet and sound doesn’t work.

Since I come and go from my desk for meetings it doesn’t work for me to reboot my laptop every time.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for the update Steve. I’ll look for the file you sent to us and be in touch directly via email.

Best,
Josh