Touch screen not working on UD 3900

I know that other people have written about this issue before, but I found nothing that helped me.

I’m currently running two wimaxit 15,6 inch monitors from my plugable UD 3900. the HDMI cables are plugged into the plugable and the USB-C cables are plugged into my PC as there are no USB-C ports on the plugable unit. Unlike Other people I’ve seen struggling with touch screens, I’m not getting any touch response. The “setup” and “Calibrate” options on the “Configure your pen and touch displays” are not working, meaning I can’t click them.

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue and would be happy to help assist.

Just so I understand your setup correctly you have a PC connected to your UD-3900 with a USB cable. Would you happen to be using a USB 3.0 Type-B to USB Type-C cable? And then you have your two wimaxit 15,6 inch monitors connected to the UD-3900 with HDMI cables? Are you using the DVI to HDMI adapter for one of your wimaxit 15,6 inch monitors perhaps?

Would my understanding be correct here? If not please feel free to correct me as I want to be sure I understand your setup.

In addition when you have a moment, could you please collect a set of diagnostic logs generated by our PlugDebug utility? To collect these logs, please have the device plugged into your computer, and please follow this link for instructions: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug. The tool will collect system logs into a ZIP file and save them to your Desktop so they can be attached to your email reply. These log files combined with the problem description you’ve provided may help us understand what’s happenings we can then provide the next best steps.

Please do not post your log files here. If you could please contact Plugable support directly when sending your log files that would be appreciated. To do this, please use your preferred search engine to search for “plugable support email”. This should get you to the web page with our direct email address. In the subject of your direct email, please reference case 345581 which will allow us to match things up and then provide the next steps.

Best regards,

Michael S.

The UD 3900 is connected to my PC via the USB 3 cable that was Provided in the box.

Regarding the touch monitors, the HDMI cables are both connected to the UD3900, one via HDMI, and one via DVI to HDMI. But the monitors also require a USB-C cable each. These are connected directly to the PC.

I will try the diagnostic tool when I have time.

Hello Kenneth,

So your setup would be similar to the diagram below? Again I do thank you for the clarification.

Please let us know when you get a chance to acquire the log files.

We look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Michael S.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

that is indeed correct. I’ve now done the diagnostics and sent it to the support email. Interestingly when I plugged the screens back in again to do this, I got touch on one of the screens. I then unplugged and replugged the USB-C for the other screen, and got that one working aswell.

Hello Kenneth,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. It sounds like a disconnect and reconnect initialized the software so to help clarify, both of your wimaxit touch screens are now operating as expected?

Best regards,

Michael S.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

They are working now. I’ll get back to you if the issue comes back.

Thank you Kenneth for the update. That is very much appreciated.

Please do let us know how things go and if you require any additional assistance we’re always glad to help.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Best regards,

Michael S.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.