Touch Pad Gone Wild

Hello. I’m using a USB-C triple display docking station (model ud-ultcdl) with an HP Spectre X360 13" convertible (model 13-ac0xx). Whenever I connect the docking station to the convertible, the touch pad on the convertible becomes unusable-- it behaves as if the touch pad button is depressed (when it is not), and it constantly selects things as I attempt to move the cursor across the screen. Note that the touch pad works perfectly when the docking station is not connected; this problem materializes only when the docking station is connected.

For now, I’m turning the touch pad off when the docking station is connected, as this seems to be the only way for the docking station to be usable, but this is not a satisfactory longer-term solution. I don’t wish to return the docking station, but I may have to if no longer-term solution is available.

Please advise, and thank you in advance for your help.

Bill Kolkhorst

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

This is a strange occurrence, as we normally do not see internal track or touch pads normally being effected by the docking station. Just to make sure I have all of the right information, when you have a moment, could you please keep everything connected and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. Then, please attach the output to a direct email to support@plugable.com, with “Ticket no. 204038” in the subject line, and I would be happy to review the material to see if I can find a solution for the issue.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support