Total connection failure

My plug able gigabit usb 2.0 adapter is no longer working. Neither of the lights come on and it is not detected by my macbook air running lion. I have reinstalled the drivers, but still no success.

Hi Paul-

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear it sounds like your adapter has failed- between no activity lights and not being recognized under windows device manager/apple system report that’s a pretty clear case.

If you send the following in an email to support@plugable.com we’ll be happy to replace the item as long as you’re in (or reasonably close to) the one year warranty.

1. Amazon order ID
  2. Device serial number
  3. Shipping address

Again, thanks for posting, sorry the device seems to have died.

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
MCITP Enterprise Support Tech
Plugable Technologies

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I emailed my serial number so hopefully everything should work out. Other than obviously being displeased at the death of my adapter I was very pleased with how well it worked so I hope I can get another. Do you have any idea what could have caused it to die so I can avoid the same troubles?

Hi Paul-

The most common reason we’ve seen adapters fail overall is power surge on the ethernet line, hence the availability of in-line surge protectors for Ethernet.

In your particular case I think you may have simply hit a bad unit, but it’s difficult if not impossible to say with any real certainty.

Best wishes-

Jeff Everett
MCITP Enterprise Support Tech
Plugable Technologies