Toshiba Satellite L505 (AMD Dual Processor) and Plugable Ethernet Adapter Don't Communicate

I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L505 model. My android phone is "Huawei Elate 8419. I downloaded the driver. The adapter does not work. Before returning the adapter, is it still hopeful. This is the Amazon Order ID: 113-5551130-4019416. Thanks!

Hello Juan,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I apologize for the issue you’re experiencing with your Plugable ethernet adapter! For Android devices like your Huawei Elate, the drivers for the adapter must be installed by the manufacturer, as users cannot manually install drivers on Android devices. If the manufacturer did not include the needed drivers, the Plugable OTG Ethernet Adapter will not work with the device. Unfortunately, I can’t say for sure if your phone has these drivers.

As for the laptop, taking a look at the specs it does not look like the computer has a micro-USB port to connect the Plugable OTG Ethernet Adapter. Can you tell me how you were trying to get it to connect the adapter to the computer?

If you were trying to connect the adapter to the phone, then use an ethernet cable to connect to the Toshiba computer, this unfortunately is not possible. If you have further questions or want to look into things a little further, send an email to support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to assist you!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Juan regarding the issue on this thread, but we have not received a response back. If Juan or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support