Toshiba HDD Connection

Will a Toshiba HDD2D38 disk drive work in a Communicator U3 Sata HDD Docking Station? From what I was able to ascertain it would, am I wrong? I can’t seem to line it up for a connection.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting your question here! Although the Plugable USB3-SATA-U3 is designed to hold 3.5" SATA Hard Drives, you can plug in a 2.5" SATA Hard Drives into it and it should work without any issues.

Do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you need any additional information or help.

Regards,
Roze

Hi Roze, Thanks for the quick reply. I tried again to connect the hard drive into the docking station. The hard drive came out of an old compaq presario laptop (V6101US)… There seems to be a plastic tab between the connecting pins on the drive that keeps it from seating into the docking station connector properly. Have you ever run across this before? I know it should be a simple process, but it just won’t seat into the connector. Any Ideas ? Regards, Mark

Mark,

Does the connector look like the images in the following link : http://www.laptopking.com/partpicture… ?

If yes, then it is a connector that attaches between the SATA interface and the Presario ( V6000 series), but would get in the way of any standard SATA interface. You would have to remove this connector for proper seating of the drive in the Plugable USB3-SATA-U3.

Regards,
Roze

Roze, Thank you! I never realized that it was a connector that could be removed. Everything seems to be working fine. I can’t thank you enough for your quick response and the solution to the problem. Great service!! Regards, Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to know that the issue is fixed. Please do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze