Topaz DeNoise AI & UD-3900 Docking Station

Topaz DeNoise AI is a photo editing software package. If The HDMI cable is plugged in the laptop then it works fine but if it is plugged in the docking station then I get an error message

I’ve copied the files mentioned into the app directory but still the same.

How else can I solve this?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and including the screenshot that is much appreciated.

The UD-3900 dock is based on DisplayLink technology, which is in essence a ‘virtual’ graphics adapter that relies on the host laptops’s CPU and internal physical graphics adapter (also known as GPU) to generate the image shown on the dock-connected displays.

In some instances, Windows applications that use a graphics technology known as OpenGL may not work properly or produce an error message (similar to what you provided) when used with a DisplayLink-based product. This is because the application mistakenly directs the tasks intended for the system’s internal physical graphics adapter (which does support OpenGL) to the DisplayLink-based ‘virtual’ graphics adapter (which does not support OpenGL).

While we cannot guarantee a solution in this specific case, there may be a workaround.

If you configure Windows to have the ‘Main’ display set to a display directly connected to your laptop’s internal physical graphics adapter (whether that is the internal laptop display or another external display directly connected to one of the laptop’s built-in video outputs) does that help change the behavior? This change can sometimes help re-direct the OpenGL tasks to the laptop’s internal physical graphics adapter.

If you are not familiar with how to change this setting, we made a short video that demonstrates how to make this change here → https://youtu.be/7nnKztRZXsw

Please let us know if that information helps!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried it and it will only work if I have the laptop screen active i.e in Duplicate or Extend mode.
I do not normally have the laptop screen active.
As my workaround I will change screen settings when I need to.

Jeff

Thank you for getting back to us with the update Jeff, and I am glad to hear that the workaround you describe helps mitigate the behavior.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future, and please have a good day!

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.