Thunderbolt 3 USB-C Travel Display Adapter

Hi,
My name is Daniel and I am currently searching for a solution to my problem. I have a Dell XPS 15. And like some new Notebooks, it features a USB Type C connector with Thunderbolt 3 support. To plug all the random beamers, displays etc. into my Computer, I want to have a small adapter, which i can carry around with my Laptop Bag. I have been searching a long time for a device like this:

• rather small,

• Input: USB Type C(Thunderbolt 3),

• Output: Displayport, VGA and HDMI

• And if it is possible without external power adapter.

I have only found adapters, which are supporting either only VGA or only HDMI, which would leave me carrying tons of adapters around. So because I haven’t found such a product, I am proposing this idea to you guys.

Thanks for the suggestion Daniel!

I think the best solution is the plugable.com TBT3-DP2X adapter. For HDMI, you would add a plugable.com dp-hdmi (active) adapter. plugable doesn’t have an active adapter for VGA (there is a USB-C adapter but it can’t be converted to DisplayPort) so you’ll need to find one elsewhere.

Thunderbolt 3 is based on the DisplayPort 1.2 specification and can support up to 2 streams (eight lanes) of DisplayPort 1.2 video bandwidth. So you can’t have more than two displays on a single Thunderbolt 3 port. Note that some computers only connect 4 lanes of DisplayPort 1.2 to the Thunderbolt 3 port. Thankfully, the Dell XPS 15 is not one of them.