I recently bought the thunderbolt 3 to dual hdmi adapter. Although it stated that only windows is supported, I got triggered by some Amazon review, stated he got it working on Ubuntu.
- Dell Precision 5510 laptop with HDMI and thunderbolt output
- Running fedora 25 - fully updated
- Updated the bios to the latest version
- Using the default nouveau drivers.
- When only using the plugable adapter, I get output on my 2 external monitors + laptop screen. Great!
- When using the plugable adapter and the additional hdmi laptop output, I only get output on 2 monitors + laptop screen. When unplugging the hdmi laptop output, it switches back to the plugable adapter.
Is there a way to use 3 external monitors + laptop screen?