Three of the seven ports do not work.

Ports 1, 3 & 4 do not work. I can plug the same USB 3.0 device into any of the other four ports and it works fine,

I bought the 7-port plugable device ( USB3-HUB7-81x) from Amazon.com.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Sometimes we see this issue and all that is needed is to ensure the hub operates in “Self-Powered” Mode:

When connecting the hub to the PC, it is important to connect the AC power supply to the hub 1st, and then connect USB from the hub to the host PC. If the hub is connected to the PC before power is, devices may not be recognized properly. To ensure that the hub is operating in self powered mode:

1. Verify that the Green power LED on the AC power supply or “power brick” is solid, with no flashing or blinking, and that the connection to the hub is secure.
  2. After verifying normal operation of the power supply, unplug the USB connection from the back of the hub, wait 10 seconds, and reconnect it.
  3. Test whether devices work normally first in ports 5-7, and then in ports 1-4.

If this doesn’t work just let us know.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies