Thinkpad X1 7th gen will now power-up when connected to TBT3-UDZ

I have been using the TBT3-UDZ with my Thinkpad X1 7th Gen for about a year and it has worked great until a few days ago. Now my Thinkpad will get stuck in the power-up process at the black screen stage, prior to the Lenovo logo screen. All Lenovo and Microsoft updates are current. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Do you have any external USB storage devices attached to the dock, like a flash drive or external hard drive? Or, any SD or MicroSD card(s) inserted into the dock card reader? If so, can you disconnect/remove these devices from the dock and see if the issue still occurs? I ask because typically this kind of behavior can happen because some systems by default will try to boot from any attached USB storage or try to boot from a memory card which can cause the boot process to hang.

If this hasn’t helped, I do see that you’ve also emailed us directly and I will reach out to you via email for some additional next steps.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.