I have noticed that sometimes the active window on my main monitor strobes very quickly. If I move the window to may secondary screen the window stops flashing, but the next window open on my main monitor begins to strobe. Any clues I installed the new drivers for windows 10 after doing so there is a noticeable color difference between the two monitors. Light blue on the secondary monitor when moved to the main monitor looks teal. Any ideas?
Hello, thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear this issue. Just to clarify, are the applications/programs that are open on the monitor themselves flashing/strobing or is the entire monitor screen flashing? I have not heard of an issue where the application window flashes but the monitor itself does not.
Does reinstalling the DisplayLink drivers and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool help? To do so please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.6 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.6+M1.exe
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will go from there.
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.