When I plug the USB3-HUB3ME into the USB 3 port of my LG Gram 17 laptop (2020 model) running Windows 10, it connects to the Internet just fine. But when I plug it into the USB-C port (using the cable which came with the Plugable hub), the laptop doesn’t even see that it exists; it never shows up in any list of devices, and the laptop cannot connect to the Internet. However, the 10/100 USB-C Ethernet adapter which came with the laptop works fine. Any idea what’s wrong?
Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m sorry for the trouble here with the hub, and I’d be glad to help you. Just so I am clear, it sounds like you haven’t had trouble with other USB-C accessories? I’d like to ask a few questions about your setup for troubleshooting:
- Do you have any other USB-C ports you can try on this computer?
- Do you have another cable like this that you can try?
- Are you able to try the hub on another computer to see if you get the same or similar result? This is always a helpful step, but I do understand if you don’t have another computer readily available.
Again, I am sorry for the trouble, and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks for your reply! Here are answers to your questions:
– I only own 1 other USB-C device, namely, the 10/100 USB-C-to-Ethernet adapter that came with the laptop, which always works fine, but is slow. I bought your hub for its faster speed (gigabit).
– No, this laptop only has 1 USB-C port.
– No, the only USB-C cable I have which fits your hub is the one supplied with your hub.
– No, I have no other computers with a USB-C port.
In case it matters, this laptop’s USB-C port is a “USB-C/Thunderbolt combo” port. Whenever the laptop powers up, it sets that port to “Automatic Charging Mode”, not Sink nor Source mode.
If there is anything I can do to help figure out the problem, I’d be happy to do so.
Thanks for the reply, and for answering the questions. I’d be glad to have a replacement sent out to you.
But, I’ll need to ask that you please only contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and an address to ship the replacement to.
If you would, please reach out to us directly only with this information rather than on the forum. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Many thanks, Kevin! An email is being sent, as requested.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the trouble. You can reach us at: email@example.com (with one g). I look forward to hearing from you!