The latest usb device was not recognized

I have been using my dual monitor docking station for the past few months with no problems but now Windows gives me an error every time I try to connect. The usb ports seem to be working but the monitors are not. I’ve uninstalled the driver, cleaned, rebooted and reinstalled the driver as recommended, but each time I plug in the device, I get USB device not recognized. Please help me out solving this error.

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for posting!

Thank you for the clear description of the issue as well as the provided screenshot. At this point, I’d like to request some logs from your system in order to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable UD-3900 dock connected to your system (with everything still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #276109

Additionally, please include your Amazon Order ID associated with the UD-3900 dock.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hello,

I am having the same issue.

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about the issue! We’ll always want to start with our clean reinstall procedure for the DisplayLink driver to see if that helps:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe)
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 9.0 M1 DisplayLink software (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.0+M1.exe)
  6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Please let me know if you still have the same error and we’ll take the next steps from there.

Thanks!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.