The docking station does not recognize USB devices

I upgraded to Windows 11 and have had intermittent problems with the mouse and keyboard. I unplugged the Plugable TBT3-UDV, turned it off and then back on and reconnected. Now it won’t recognize any USB devices. The display works and USB devices plugged into my HP Spectre (the one USB port is has) work fine, but using the TBT3-UDV does not (keyboard, mouse or external hard drive).

What do I need to do to get this working again. Please help.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working fully as expected while using your Plugable TBT3-UDV docking station and I would be happy to help.

Based on your description of the behavior, it sounds like the dock is not presently ‘Approved’ within the Intel Thunderbolt software. If the dock is not approved, secondary components within the dock such as the USB ports will not function (the video outputs will always work regardless of Approval status).

We made a video that demonstrates how to use the Intel Thunderbolt software and access the Approval settings → https://youtu.be/aRN2aEzmsyo

If you use our video as a guide in order to double-check the Approval status of the TBT3-UDV, does that help?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.