Tbt4-udz

I have a Microsoft Surface 5 laptop. I am trying to use 4 monitors. I have 3 that work. If the notebook cannot support the 4th can I use UGA-DP-S for the 4th?
Is there a way that I am unaware of to use the notebook to support 4 monitors?
I have two attached using the VGA and one using the display ports.

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

You should be able to use four displays via the Surface Laptop 5 and TBT4-UDZ dock if you disable the built in Surface display. This is because the graphics chipset in the Surface is limited to four displays maximum including the built in display which is preventing the 4th external display from working through the dock.

If you do not wish to disable the internal laptop display then a USB graphics adapter using DisplayLink or Silicon Motion USB graphics technologies would work to overcome this limitation, so yes the UGA-DP-S would be one option for you in this situation.

Please note that we offer various USB graphics adapters so it’s possible there may be one better suited for your display - if you’re able to let me know the brand and model of the display I can ensure that the UGA-DP-S would be a good fit or offer an alternative suggestion.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.