TBT4-UDZ not connecting second montior

Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro running on 2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7. I have two Samsung LU28R550UQNXZA monitors I am trying to use. The docking station is only bringing up one monitor. I have tried to connect HDMI to HDMI and HDMI to Displaylink but neither will bring up the second monitor. Please help?

Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. If able, please plug the dock with your monitors attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there: http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the generated diagnostics file to support@plugable.com please be sure to mention ticket 423492 in the subject line. Once we’ve received it I can then take a look for what might be causing this and offer some next steps.

Additionally I would like to also mention that if you are not already doing so to please ensure that the dock is being connected to the Mac using the Thunderbolt 4 cable that the dock shipped with.

Finally, I recommend to ensure you are using a regular HDMI to HDMI cable (or DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable). The HDMI to DisplayPort cable would not be supported unless it’s “active” (has a chip inside doing the signal conversion).

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.