TBT4-UDZ Multi Display Issues

I am having a similar issue with the monitors. This has happened 2 times since starting using the TBT4-UDZ. First day March 24th of 2023. BTW this is day 1 with the new computer. One of the monitors connected to the display port stopped working, and one of my monitors connected to the HDMI port stopped working. The second time this happened, it was both monitors connected to the HDMI ports. I am running HDMI to HDMI cables to 2 of my monitors and DisplayPort to Display Port cables to the other 2 monitors. The Two monitors which connect to the display ports are HP27B, the 2 monitors connected via HDMI are one HP VH240a and the other a HP27B. I do run the laptop monitor as well as a 5th external screen via a Sabrent USB monitor adaptor UGA-2k-195. Computer specs

ASUS ROG Strix G16 G614JI-XS96 16 * Intel Core i9 13980HX (2.2GHz)

• 32GB DDR5-4800 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Graphics Card
    windows 11 pro

USB 3.1
1 x USB 3.2 (Gen 2 Type-C)
2 x USB 3.2 (Gen 2 Type-A)

Thunderbolt Ports
Thunderbolt 4 x1

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Please note I have created a dedicated thread on our forum for your issue and separated it from where it was originally posted.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. If able, please plug the dock with your quad displays attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostics results please mention ticket number 402814 in the subject line so that we can match those files to this case. Do not post the diagnostics here!

I can then take a look for anything in the diagnostics results that stands out for this issue and offer some recommendations for next steps.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Good afternoon Joshua,
Do I run the diagnostics tool at any time or do I need to wait and run it the next time the monitors flake out?
Currently to correct the issue all I have to do is restart the computer, or, I can just unplug the monitor that is not displaying and then plug it back in again. I guess I will run it while things are currently working then I will do it again the next time the monitors have an issue.

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for asking! Ideally we’d want to see the diagnostics the next time the issue happens, but if you’d like to run the diagnostics in the working state for now I can at least take a look for anything from a software perspective that may stand out.

Thanks again!
Josh

Hi Jacob,

Just wanted to update that we received the diagnostics and have begun going through them for any clues for this behavior. I will reply back via email with any applicable next steps for these issues.

Thanks!
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.