TBT4-UDZ connection lost when laptop sleeps

I have a surface laptop studio. When the laptop sleeps, after about 15 mins of no use, when i wake the laptop up i have no network, and no screen display.

The laptop charges, and the USB webcam (logitech brio) works, but no screen or network until a reboot.

Any way of sorting this out? I can’t reboot every time the laptop sleeps, that just wouldn’t be feasible!

Dock works fine on my SP9 when sleeping.

A bit of further information - I’ve now had a chance to try my dell XPS 9310 - and i have similar issues, although the screen works ok, every now and then the network drops out.

I don’t have this issue on my caldigit ts4 that i use at work, that’s been as solid as a rock

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

For the Ethernet issues I would recommend first updating the Ethernet drivers if you’ve not done so already, info on that can be found here: https://plugable.com/products/TBT4-UDZ#nav-downloads

In short, the default Windows Update provided Ethernet drivers for the Realtek 2.5Gbps Ethernet chipset in the dock may not offer good stability/performance and we’ve seen updating the drivers be helpful.

For the video issue with the video and the Surface Laptop Studio that I’m uncertain what would be the cause, but I would be happy to dig into that issue further.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. If able, please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your Surface, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostics results as an attachment please mention ticket #399902 in the subject line. Don’t post them here! I can then take a look and offer suggestions for anything that may stand out as to the cause.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.