TBT4-UDZ: Cannot not connect to external display

I have a problem when connecting to an external display via an HDMI cable. I have an LG UltraGear 27" QHD Nano IPS 1MS 165Hz Gaming Monitor GP850 and ARZOPA 14’’ Portable Monitor - A1 Gamut Slim connected to the Thunderbolt 4 dock via HDMI cable. I’m using a Razer Blade 16 (2023) as a host.
I just received this dock today; when connecting to the laptop, 1/2 monitor shows up (currently is the LG) with poor resolution (800x600), and the other didn’t work.

[download link removed for privacy]

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Please note that I removed the public link to the diagnostics for your privacy, but did download it for inspection first. If you ever need to send us diagnostics again in the future please do not post them here, rather email them to us at support@plugable.com

For the issues you’re seeing, there are known regressions with the recent Nvidia drivers that will cause the 800x600 problem with HDMI attached displays. Using DisplayPort instead, or reverting to an older driver version and performing a clean install should resolve this.

At the moment, the newest Nvidia driver where this issue should not be present is version 532.03 found here: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/204970/en-us/

Currently I do see version 536.23 installed, which would be problematic. If you have any questions about reverting to the older driver or if the driver doesn’t help please let me know.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

I had this problem as well. The suggestion to revert to version 532.03 worked! Thank you. Do we have a timeline on when a fix will come along? Do I need to be on a mailing list to be told when I can upgrade my drivers again, or will there be some sort of firmware fix?

1 Like

Glad to hear those drivers worked for you to resolve this issue!

We now have an FAQ article about this and will keep it updated with any news: https://kb.plugable.com/question/2123959

Thank you!
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.