TBT3-UDZ to Connect to External Monitor for Chromebook

Good evening,

I have just received the new TBT3-UDZ Thunderbolt 3 100W dock this morning. This dock was purchased with the intention to facilitate cable management for not only for me when working at home in the evenings but also to allow my kid to connect to her new Chromebook during her daytime online classes as schools are closed due to COVID-19. This dock appears to work as expected with my Dell Latitude D5400 (ie, the connection of the dock to a new Dell S2721HS, to an exterior speaker and to power the Dell laptop are working). However, when connecting to my kid’s new HP Chromebook 11 G8, the speaker works and the Chromebook is powered, but the Dell monitor does not turn on. Please advise if there is a compatibility issue between this TBT3-UDZ dock and the HP Chromebook 11 G8 that prevents the connection of an external monitor via the dock.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, Chrome OS based systems are not supported with this docking station. This dock is only tested and confirmed to work on Windows and Mac systems. We expect this behavior for non-working displays on Chrome OS to be true for any Intel Titan Ridge based Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C docks in our experience. My apologies!

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.