TBT3-UDZ still crashes MacBook 16" in Monterey

I’ve been using AlDente to keep my battery at 80%, so I can remain plugged in to avoid this happening. I just found the topic this morning. The same crash behavior (fan spike before crashing) that occurred in Big Sur is still happening in Monterey. I just had it today with 12.2. I’m not sure if it went away with 12.0. I wasn’t on it long due to the timing of my employer getting ready for Monterey.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to provide additional assistance.

I do want to be transparent with you and let you know that customers who previously had this kernel panic issue reported a successful fix with macOS 12.x, as denoted here on our website. Since then, we have not hear of any reports of the kernel panic happening on macOS 12.x.

However, there are a few troubleshooting steps that I would like to try to see if we can identify what is causing the issue.

First, I would recommend performing an System Management Controller (SMC) reset of your MacBook. To do this, follow these instructions on Apple’s website:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Next, I’d like to request some logs from your device using our PlugDebug diagnostics tool. With everything still attached to the dock (even if it appears to not be working) please follow the instructions on our PlugDebug page and send the ZIP file to us at support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #369014” so we can take a look at the logs.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.