TBT3-UDZ ports not powering dual monitors (hdmi) with macbook pro (14 inch 2023, ventura 13.5)

Looking for help. When I first got the Plugable TBT3-UDZ, both monitors would wake up, but sporadically (sometimes only one would wake up). Today, neither monitors will wake up. Both monitors have power. The docking station is powering my macbook. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

If you haven’t already done so I’d suggest to try to fully unplug the dock from all devices, power, and Thunderbolt 3 cable to the host computer. Fully shutdown your computer and wait about 60 seconds. After powering back on and logging back in, reconnect the power cable to the dock first, Thunderbolt 3 host cable next (please ensure to use the originally provided 40Gbps cable), and USB/all other devices last. Sometimes a reset in this order can resolve this kind of issue.

If the displays still aren’t working at all, or you’re back to a somewhat intermittent state, I’d like to get some more information from the system.

If you are able, please navigate to the Apple Menu › About This Mac

1. From the window that appears, click on the ‘More Info…’ button
  2. The ‘System Settings’ application will open. On the left-hand side of the application, the ‘General’ option will appear selected by default. The ‘About’ information section will appear on the right-hand side of the application
  3. Scroll down within the ‘About’ section until you reach the bottom
  4. Click on the ‘System Report…’ button. The ‘System Information’ application will open
  5. From within the ‘System Information’ application’s menu bar, click on File › Save… to save the information to a file
  6. Email us directly at support@plugable.com mentioning ticket # 412864 in the subject line. Do not post the system report online.

I can then take a look at the information and see if anything stands out for why you’re encountering these display issues and offer some next steps.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.