TBT3-UDZ monitors flashing on/off

I’ve got a Lenovo Thinkpad P15s with Win 11 and the latest bios/firmware/software. Connected via 2 x DP to two Dell P3222QE monitors. The monitor in the dock DP #2 flashes off/on intermittently. The problem will follow the port, not the monitor. I’ve also tried connecting the second monitor via HDMI and have the same issue. While probably not necessary, I’ve applied the specific monitor drivers.

I’ve got several of these installed, but on MacBook Pros. This is the first time I’m attempting this Lenovo setup.

After reading through several similar issues it appears these are examined on a case by case basis.

Ticket opened with support #368581

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’ve replied to your support ticket directly with some suggestions to start troubleshooting after looking at the diagnostics you sent us.

Thank you and best wishes!
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

For future reference, this appears to have been resolved with a combination of Plugable firmware update and Intel Iris Xe driver update to version 30.0.101.1191.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know this combination seems to have helped. I will reply to your email shortly as well. If anything changes don’t hesitate to let me know!

Best wishes,
Josh

I’ve been having similar problems (for over a year) like many with the flashing monitor on the upper port and running the latest Intel Xe drivers as you have, but is still there. I haven’t updated firmware for it so can you point me to where to download these as can’t find them for my model TBT3-UDZ?

Many thanks

I think I may have spoke too quickly. It looked good to me, but once under load it was blinking every fifteen minutes or so. I received the firmware update directly from Plugable support.

Thanks for your reply! If I try and use the upper port it will blink every 10 seconds so is unueable (need to run a second cable from my laptop directly to make use of two screens) so would be happy if it did it only every 15 minutes or so! If support are reading this, is it possible to send me the link for the firmware update?

Thank you

I’m not trying to be dodgy, but the plugable support team would like to work directly with you before attempting a firmware update. Therefore I don’t want to post it here or send it without their involvement. See here: https://plugable.com/pages/device-firmware-updates. Logging a ticket with them is painless, and their response time is excellent. See here: https://plugable.com/pages/support.

Appreciate your reply - I’ve already had tech support on this a year ago when I first reported the problem and couldn’t get it resolved, so if there is firmware available, I’d be happy to be offered this so if tech support are reading this thread, could you kindly reply to me off list else I’ll send a tech support request.

Hi @Astera!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues as well. We’ll definitely be happy to help you with trying the firmware out. To best proceed, let’s have you definitely send us an email at support@plugable.com and I’ll then send the full instructions and updater link. We may also want to gather some system diagnostics to see if there’s anything else that may be standing out as an issue.

Thanks and best wishes!
Josh

@hlarsen Sorry to hear that the issue seems to have not been fully resolved. I’ll be happy to continue working with you about this issue. Feel free to reply to our direct email thread and I can make some additional suggestions there.

Thanks again,
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.