TBT3-UDV No charging power to macbook pro

Hello,

Until recently i had no problem with the unit, then suddenly my macbook stopped charging. There is no passthrough power for some reason - the USB ports work but the thunderbolt port does not charge my laptop. How do i fix this? There is a faint green/blue LED at the front

Hello and thanks posting!

I am sorry things are not working as expected with your docking station and I would be happy to help.

Based on your description of the behavior I have two quick questions for you:

1. Can you confirm that you are using only the Thunderbolt 3 cable we included in the box with the dock to connect it to your system? I ask because other cables can sometimes cause problems.

2. Can you confirm that you are connecting the Thunderbolt 3 cable to the dock’s Thunderbolt 3 charging port? This is port with the small laptop icon above it (annotated photo below) and can provide the laptop with up to 60W of power to charge. I ask because if the Thunderbolt 3 cable is connected to the dock’s other Thunderbolt port which can only provide 15W of power, then the system will not charge.

Please let us know if that information helps!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.