TBT3-UDV & MBP2016-15 how to connect dual 4K displays?

TBT3-UDV & MBP2016-15 how to connect dual 4K displays? I may have misunderstood the specifications when I purchased this dock. I have two 4K displays with DP connectivity. One is working fine via the TBT3-UDV’s DisplayPort.

I connected the second display to the TB3 downstream port but this monitor is not working. I thought the Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter Cable I purchased with the TBT3-UDV would allow me to do this, but I now realize I may be wrong.

What do I need to purchase to connect the second monitor via the dock’s downstream TB3 port? Will the Plugable TBT3-DP2X-83 get the job done?

Thanks

Sorry, my problem was user error! The USB-C cable in my second display had come loose. Reseating it solved my issue. I may need to look for a USB-C to DP cable that has the captive connector at the DP end.

Thank you.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting, and thanks for the quick follow-up letting us know how you resolved the issue. Appreciate very much you sharing the solution so it may benefit others.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future, and please have a good day!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support