TBT3-UDV dock with dual 1440p monitors - problems with Macbook Pro 2017

I just purchased a TBT3-UDV dock on Amazon. I have 2 Dell UltraSharp U2715H 1440p monitors connected to it. One via Displayport and the other using this Displayport to USB C adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07….

I am using the dock with my Dell XPS 15 9560 and also my late 2017 Macbook Pro 15. Both monitors seem to work fine with my Dell XPS 15 but only work sporadically with my Macbook Pro. Sometimes both work fine, other times the one connected via USB C will flicker, other times the one connected via USB C will not work at all, and other times the one connected via USB C will work fine but the one connected via Displayport won’t work at all. I tried installing the Displaylink drivers in case that had anything to do with it but it didn’t seem to make a difference.

Is there a way I can address this problem? If not, is there a dock that will reliably do what I want?

I have the same issue with a single monitor. It worked initially for a couple of weeks perfectly, then stopped functioning suddenly. Pluggables sent me a replacement. I had the same experience. It worked for a couple of weeks then stopped suddenly. I have tried the same – upgraded to macOS 10.13.2 then installed latest DisplayLink driver. No help.

I contacted Plugable Support about this and after some work diagnosing the problem, they sent me a new USB C cable to connect the dock to the laptop and that fixed the issue.

Hello Leo,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to help.

I looked up our previous emails regarding a USB-C to DisplayPort cable. Please let me know if this is the same cable which is no longer working.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Leo,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

No problem thank you Pat. Yes, the other thread I had opened was more appropriate.