TBT3-UDC3 Only recognizes one external monitor

I have a 2020 Apple MacBook Pro with M1. I can only get one external monitor to work at a time. Both work independently via HDMI or DP, but not at the same time.

Please help!

Hello Scott,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDC3, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue.

Unfortunately, as you may or may not know, Apple limited their 2020 M1 MacBook’s to only support up to one external display natively. Because of this, our Thunderbolt 3 docks such as our TBT3-UDC3 will not be able to provide more than one additional display to your M1 MacBook, as they rely on the native support of multiple monitors in order to display to multiple monitors.

Typically, with 2020 M1 MacBook users, we recommend a DisplayLink based device, as they use DisplayLink drivers on the MacBook to bypass the hardware limitation that Apple has imposed. If you would like, I can try to suggest a setup with our DisplayLink devices that would work with your M1 MacBook to provide two displays to your monitors. To do that, I would just need to know the make and models of your monitors.

I understand if this means that you no longer have any use for your TBT3-UDC3 dock. If that is the case, I encourage you to take advantage of our 30-day hassle free return policy through Amazon to return your dock for a full refund.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.