TBT3-UDC3 dock & 240Hz

Hello,

Does the TBT3-UDC3 dock support one single monitor on the DisplayPort at 2560x1440 at 240Hz?

The specs only mention 60Hz but I have read reports that people have seen higher refresh rates with this dock.

Hi @dinosm,

Thanks for posting!

As you point out, we only officially support up to 60Hz refresh rate through our TBT3-UDC3 docking station. That said, we have had customer reports that higher refresh rates can be achieved through the dock.

What is the make and model of your laptop? 2560x1440 @ 240Hz requires a data rate of over 20Gbps which means that for this to be even theoretically possible, the host laptop must support DisplayPort 1.4 over its Thunderbolt 3 port.

Thanks!

Mitchell

1 Like

Hi @Mitchell, thank you for replying.
I have the Predator Triton 500. It already has a DisplayPort 1.4 (mini) on it, but I cannot find any technical specs that mention whether it can output 1.4 over Thunderbolt. Have you had any experience with these model laptops before?

Apologies for the delay in a response here.

We don’t have the Acer Predator Triton 500 in our test labs, nor have we received any customer reports with it along with our Thunderbolt 3 docks. I would recommend contacting Acer directly to inquire about this information.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help there!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.