TBT3-UDC1 - USB Host Controller Driver not automatically Installed by Windows 10

I just received my TBT3-UDC1 dock and plugged my devices to it.

I noticed a weird behavior:

1. If I start my Windows 10 laptop with the dock attached, but my monitors turned off, it will start and detect my USB devices properly, installing a driver for the USB Host Controller. Then I would turn my monitors on and it will detect only 1 monitor. (both are connected via DisplayPort, with no adapters ).

2. If I start my Windows 10 laptop with the dock attached, but my monitors turned on, it will start and NOT DETECT my USB devices, it won’t install the USB Host Controller driver, but both my monitors will be detected and will be working fine.

I’m currently using the dock with only the monitors connected and my devices attached to the laptop.

I previously had a CableMatters thunderbolt splitter installed, that used to work perfectly on both monitors and detecting my USB devices properly. That splitter required the installation of an ASMedia driver.

I noticed that for my model (TBT3-UDC1), the ASMedia driver is not necessary, but it still doesn’t work.

How can I make the dock to work (both monitors + USB ports)?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We’ll need to get some more information about your system. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the generated .ZIP file for analysis, please mention ticket 346859 in the subject line. After I’ve had a chance to look at the diagnostics I can then hopefully make some recommendations.

“I noticed that for my model (TBT3-UDC1), the ASMedia driver is not necessary, but it still doesn’t work.”
Correct, because the TBT3-UDC1 does not have an ASMedia USB xHCI controller inside it.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.