TBT3-NVME512 disconnects with the slightest movement of the cord

TBT3-NVME512 disconnects with the slightest movement of the cord

I have a 2020 iMac (intel) and the drive sits on my desk just below the TB port. The slightest touch of the Drive or even adjusting my monitor a tad will cause the drive to disconnect giving me an OS warning and then reconnects immediately.

This started about 13 months after purchase and I’ve been living with it ever since. I mostly have media stored on the drive so it doesn’t cause me too much problem. It does cause Cinema 4D to crash because I have a plug-in installed on the drive, which I have since relocated.

Bought this from Amazon 1 year and 7 months ago. I just looked at your webpage for this product and noticed that it has a 36 month warranty.

Can this problem be covered? The drive has been treated very carefully but the cord is near its max reach.

Thanks.

Also, the drive now seems to want to be in this exact position. I have tried elevating it but it won’t reconnect.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you. However, looking at your image, this is not our TBT3-NVME512 drive, note the logo on top:

It appears you have a VisionTek product, not Plugable. Ours for reference:

If you believe this is in error, and that you did indeed purchase our product and not a VisionTek product as pictured, please email us directly at support@plugable.com and provide us with a copy of your invoice mentioning ticket “352524” in the subject line.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Doh!! I originally purchased the Plugable drive and then swapped for a lower-priced Visiontech drive. I’m starting to regret that decision. Got my wires crrosed somewhere along the line.

1 Like