TBT-UDZ Displayport 1.4 support

Hi, I have just received the thunderbolt dock, and currently having some weird issue with it.
The support spec says it support DP 1.4, but I when I tested on both Macbook Pro 15.6/16" and Windows Desktop with Titan Ridge AIC + 1.4 DP loop to GPU, I couldn’t get my Display to work properly “Acer CP7271K”.

The monitor natively support 4K 120Hz HDR, and it works when I use it with HP G2 Thunderbolt dock just fine. On the UDZ dock, I could only get it to run on 4K 60Hz. No 120Hz or HDR signal. No other display is connected.

I have bought this dock because its the only alternative to HP G2 dock that supports DP 1.4 and 96w+ charging, but doesn’t seem to be working out of box for my needs. Is there a firmware update to fix this issue? It seems like DP 1.4 bandwidth is throttled somehow on this particular dock.

Hello and thank you for posting!

The behavior you describe is expected. To expand further, the maximum supported display refresh rate via the TBT3-UDZ docking station is 60Hz (and we do our best to call this out in our product listings) and HDR is not supported.

If you require a product that supports 120Hz refresh rates and HDR support, then I am afraid I would recommend making use of our 30-day no-hassle return policy to return the docking station to Amazon for a refund.

Apologies that we could not be of more help in this specific case, and thank you in advance for your understanding!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Hello,

Thanks for the quick respond!
I am wondering if it’s possible to unlock the DP 1.4 bandwidth through firmware update?
Since Titian Ridge’s main advantage is to have DP 1.4 integrated into it, which I find it odd that it’s locking the capability of it. I understand that it’s needed for 4K60Hz on dual display, but having a single display should be fully unlocked. Some other manufacture such as Belkin/HP etc automatically detect the output signal to determine the bandwidth available, but functionality wise isn’t as great as UDZ, especially the PD @ 96w :sob:

1 Like

Thank you getting back to us, and you are of course most welcome for the information.

The maximum refresh rate supported via the TBT3-UDZ docking station’s built-in video outputs is 60Hz, and I am afraid that refresh rates higher than 60Hz will not be supported.

Apologies again we could not be of more help in this specific case!

Thank you,

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.