Switch between desktop and laptop with 2 monitors

Hi,

I’m trying to setup my pro and personal workspace at home.
I’ve got 2 monitors, a personal PC and a M1 pro work Mac.
I’d like to be able to switch from my laptop to my PC in the least movements possible.
The main problem is that I need to keep my PC’s GPU performance (I currently plug my main screen using DP and the 2nd one with HDMI).
I saw a setup in this topic but it doesn’t seem to consider the connexion to the PC through a GPU.
Does an easy solution even exist ?

Thank you for your answers :slight_smile:
Nicolas

Here is an illustration how I imagine my setup.
The PC should probably always be connected while the Mac laptop could be unplugged.

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our products.

To provide accurate feedback, could you kindly provide the manufacturer and model numbers for the PC and monitors you intend to use with the Plugable unit?

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi @RyoW ,

Yes of course.
My first monitor is a Acer Nitro XV272UP 27" and the second one is a benq gw2480.

Thank you,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the information!

While I cannot confirm if this will work with your PC, I would recommend our TBT3-UDC3 docking stations to drive up to two 4k monitors at 60Hz and also charge connected devices with up to 96W of power. The dock also provides additional USB ports, audio, and Ethernet connectivity.

Please note that since one of your displays supports 144Hz, you may need to lower the refresh rate.

Hopefully this information was helpful, but please feel free to reach out if you have any follow-up questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.