Surface Pro 4 shows Ethernet2 not connected (UD-3900)

I bought the UD-3900 to plug my SP4 into the schools wired network. Their wireless is unreliable. I can’t seem to get my SP4 to connect. I’ve tried 4 different cables. I’m not sure what else to try as I’m not supper techy. I was hoping this would be plug and play.

Do I need the wireless to be off to make it work? I did try that but still nothing.

Thanks for any help. I really need to get this working.

I read a previous message about a similar issue and you asked what hardware is upstream. I have no idea about that and wouldn’t even know where/who to ask actually.

Everything else seems to work - external monitor, USB printer, mouse, keyboard…

I used the debug utility you suggest and emailed the file separately through the support email. Thanks.

Hi Brad,

We saw you reached out to us directly as well, and recently sent you a response. I’ll post it below just in case, and we look forward to working with you on this issue!

Thanks for contacting us! I’m sorry your new docking station is not working as expected and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for trying multiple Ethernet cables, testing the network outlet with a different Dell laptop and including the PlugDebug file that is much appreciated. Based on the log contents, a few additional questions for you:

1. Can you confirm that when you ran PlugDebug that the Ethernet cable was connected to the Plugable Dock?
  2. At present when the Ethernet cable is connected to the back of the dock, can you let me know the status of the indicator lights on the Ethernet port on the back of the dock itself? Typically there should be a solid green light and flashing amber light…
  3. Would you happen to know if your location has any network security measures in place that would require a new wired Ethernet device to be registered before it will work properly? I ask because many educational institutions have this type of security in place…

That information should help us get a better understanding of where the issue might be. Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to your response.

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support