Surface Laptop to UD-6950H

I just got a new Microsoft Surface laptop and already have the Plugable UD-6950H Dock. What cable do I need to connect from the Plugable to the Surface Laptop so that I can use my Plugable and existing monitors? Do I just use usb c to mini displayport cable?

Thanks
Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to help!

Our UD-6950H docking station originally came with a USB-C to USB-A cable for connecting to the USB-A port on the Surface Laptop as well as the USB-C to USB-C cable. The miniDisplayPort output on the Surface Laptop can be connected directly to a display but does not carry a USB data signal for the docking station and a USB-C to MiniDisplayPort cable will not be compatible.

If you no longer have the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with the docking station, please send me an email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #279686 - Attn: Pat’. In the body of the email please let me know your Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the docking station and I can help to make sure you get the correct cable for your system and docking station.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.