Support Needed

I have a Mac m1 2021
And I’m using the plugable - ‎UD-ULTC4K
I have three external monitors connected

For some reason every couple of minutes it freezes and nothing works.

As well as anytime I connect a webcam it gets extremely slow

Is there a better device ?
Better hub?

I’m using the newest version of the driver

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

This kind of behavior is certainly not expected with an M1 Mac and this UD-ULTC4K docking station!

If you have not already done so it may help to try the following steps to ensure the dock and Mac are both in a good state:

1. Unplug the dock from the Mac and unplug power from the dock. Please leave the dock disconnected until the final step.
  2. Fully shutdown the Mac. (On your Mac, click the “Apple” menu and select “Shut Down”)
  3. After the Mac has shutdown, wait for 60-90 seconds, then turn the Mac back on.
  4. After logging back in, wait about 30-60 seconds, then plug power into the dock first and plug the dock into the Mac next (using the provided USB-C to USB-C cable the dock shipped with) and see if the behavior has improved.

If that has not helped, next if you are able we’d like to get some diagnostics information from the Mac while the dock is connected as it may help us determine why this is occurring.

For macOS 13 and Later Versions:

1. Navigate to the Apple Menu › About This Mac
  2. From the window that appears, click on the ‘More Info…’ button
  3. The ‘System Settings’ application will open. On the left-hand side of the application, the ‘General’ option will appear selected by default. The ‘About’ information section will appear on the right-hand side of the application
  4. Scroll down within the ‘About’ section until you reach the bottom
  5. Click on the ‘System Report…’ button. The ‘System Information’ application will open
  6. From within the ‘System Information’ application’s menu bar, click on File › Save… to save the information to a file
  7. Email the saved file to us at: support@plugable.com (please mention ticket # 419648 in the subject line)

Once we’ve received the file we can take a look and reply with some next steps. Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.