Supplying to amazon.fr?

Hi. I’m living and working in France. Is there any way to get this great product through Amazon.fr? There is nothing anywhere near it currently in their stock. And |Amazon.com won’t ship this item to Europe. Thank you!

Hi!

Thanks for posting and for your question!

At this moment, you cannot order the product from Amazon.fr, however you can order it from Amazon.co.uk for delivery to France! Please note that only USB powered products are currently available in Europe.

Please have also a look at this post for more details and information.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Regards,
Lampros

Thanks so much for your reply Lampros! I see I failed to specify which product I’m dying for. I fear your reply means that the following product can’t be had via Amazon.co.uk: Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports.
Kill me quick.
Anne West

Hi Anne!

Please, no violence in the forums !!! :D:D

Jokes aside, unfortunately the UD-160-A isn’t available in Europe yet.

For now, the closest we can suggest is our DC-125. The difference is, that the DC-125 can do VGA only and only go up to 1440×900, instead of 1920x1080, has only two USB ports instead of four, and has no Ethernet adapter.

If you would like, give us some more details on your specific requirements, we may be able to provide a more specific recommendation.

Regards,
Lampros

Huge thanks again for your help Lampros. Yes I’m trying to find a one plug solution between an HP Compaq 6720 Notebook (with the only graphics port a 15 pin VGA) and (among other minor peripherals) a Samsung XL2270HD 22 inch Full HD 1080p Widescreen LED TV/Monitor (250 cd/m2, MEGA DCR, 1920 x 1080, 5ms, HDMI). I specifically want to get good quality internet TV on the Samsung monitor. It seems your docking stations’ graphics are tops.
Do you think the DC 125 would do the trick despite the lower VGA value?
Thought you might like to know that the Plugable DC 125 didn’t even come up on the UK site on the previous searches that I did for “Plugable”, “docking station” and “Plugable docking station” before contacting you. Two of your other products did though. Had you not given me the precise handle, I wouldn’t have found the DC 125. That actually happens often on Amazon. Well they’ve got a big load of stuff idn’t it.
All my best,
Anne

Hi Anne,

The native resolution of your Samsung TV/Monitor is 1920x1080.

Unfortunately none of our products in Europe at this time will support this resolution. We cannot in good conscience recommend the DC-125 as the result will most likely not be satisfying.

Our recommendation would be to wait until the UGA-165 or the USB-VGA-165 adapters will be back in stock in Amazon.co.uk as they are both capable of going up to 1920×1080 which is what your monitor needs (your monitor supports VGA too, so no problem).

Your laptop’s VGA port however should still be able to drive your Samsung TV to 1920x1080, are you having problems doing that ?

Sorry we don’t have better news at this time!

Thanks for your feedback regarding searching on Amazon.co.uk - we’ll definitely investigate this!

Regards,
Lampros

Thanks again Lampros. Really appreciate your appraisal!
No I haven’t had trouble driving the Samsung TV to 1920x1080, but it seems a great many similarly priced docking stations out there create considerable lag owing to USB limitations, and are in this and other respects outperformed by the Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station. I’m looking for a good docking solution because the notebook travels upstairs and downstairs sometimes several times a day, and I’m wanting to reduce hookup time and frankly confusion.
So I will wait for your great products to reappear at A.co.uk… and eat my heart out.
They have the Plugable USB2-HDMI-165 USB to HDMI Video and Audio Adapter for PC to TV 720p (DisplayLink DL-165 Chipset), but am I not correct in thinking that it wouldn’t really advance me much?
Thanking you for your really great support!
Anne

Anne you’re very welcome.

Lag depends on the quality of the station, the resolution one is running and of course the specs of the system.

The reality is, that when it comes to resolutions like 1920x1080 the stress on the system is higher. That being said, our office laptop (AMD Phenom II X3 2.1 GHz) is connected to a computer monitor running 1920x1280 and plays full motion video with no problems whatsoever, but results may vary depending on your hardware.

As far as the USB2-HDMI-165 goes, unfortunately 720p (which is the equivalent of 1280×720) is still not enough for your monitor. We always recommend that monitors are run on their native resolution, and in your case that would be 1080p(1920×1080).

Regards,
Lampros

Hello Lampros. I finally retired for the night and missed your last reply… which was then removed. But I did get it in gmail, and it was very helpful.
I wonder if I could trouble you for advice just one more time. Do you not think that finally the Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station is really the product the most suited to my needs?
If so, I’ll look into ordering it through Shipito, mentioned in Bernie Thompson’s Canada thread that you helpfully referenced in your first mail. Didn’t know of them. I just hope France’s customs policy is less exhorbitant than Belgium’s, which used to apply what amounted to a 60% duty on purchases over $20.
I don’t expect you to address any of my reflections in that last rambling paragraph. Just the suitability question. If it would be useful to others, I’d be happy to let you know the outcome if I do go down the Shipito road.
All my best to you and to Plugable!
Anne

Hi Anne,
We had an issue with the forums: I typed the first reply to you and then the reply seemed to be lost for about an hour! - in that time, thinking that my first reply was lost I typed another reply - then, the first reply decided to come back … sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

To answer your question - yes it sounds like you definitely need the UD-160-A (Universal Laptop Docking Station), as it’s the only docking station we have that will support the resolutions you need.

I need to stress two things before you go ahead though to avoid disappointment:
A) You will have the obvious issue of needing a plug converter, unfortunately this isn’t included in the package but they are probably really cheap to get
B) Unlikely, but if anything goes wrong, we won’t be able to replace your product since we cannot ship directly outside the USA

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Lampros

It certainly does help Lampros. Thanks so much. I too think it will not be a big problem to find a 2.5A 5V AC adapter with a European plug.
Thanks a million for your up front advice, and all my best.
Sincerely
Anne