Speed slower using this device.

Just received the product (2 days ago ) and plugged it in my USB 3.0 port. My laptop comes with an Ethernet port already and I have a router with multiple external ports. This particular laptop is hard wired straight to the router not using wi-fi. Prior to using the device I was getting 40 to 55 mbps download speeds. With the device plugged in I am getting speeds of 25 to 35 mbps. My internet provider is Spectrum and delivering 200mbps. What would cause this and how do I resolve it?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected. Network speed variances can be caused by many factors.

Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and network cable connected to the docking station and email us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please email the log file to support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #220684 - Attention Pat”.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support