Sound through monitor speakers

I am using a Dual Monitor Docking Station UD-3900. When I plug regular speakers to the docking station, it does work, however when I connect an audio cable that is coming from my monitor (which it has speakers) there is no souund

Hi Erwing,

Thanks for posting! I’d be happy to help with the audio from the docking station.

Thanks for testing the dock with regular speakers as well, that should eliminate the dock hardware as the source of the problem.

Just to be sure, can you check the internal monitor volume setting for the speakers to make sure they are turned up and not muted? I have made that mistake myself in the past…

If the monitor speakers are not muted the next step would be to check that the default audio output did not change as the result of Windows sensing that the audio cable was unplugged. Right-click on the speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner of the desktop and select Default Playback devices. Ensure that the correct output is set as default, this is indicated by a green check mark next to the output.

Let me know the results of checking the volume and default playback device and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support