Sound is distorted and not constant

Hello,

I just bought a USBC-CAP60 and the audio coming though OBS and even “Listen to Device” in windows 11 as a robot chirp sound that fades in and out, I have verified the sample rate is set to 48k Hz. I saw a similar post so I am providing the details that were asked their:

1. Can you please let us know what devices video you are trying to capture with the USBC-CAP60?
  • Nintendo Switch
  1. Can you please let us know if you are also using the pass through HDMI port to pass video to a monitor or TV?
    +Not currently intended to use for my setup, but in testing, the audio sounds fine through the pass through port
  2. Can you please let us know if you are connecting the USBC-CAP60 to a laptop or desktop computer, and the make and model of that device?
  • It is a Dell XPS 15 Laptop (9520)

It should also be noted I have tried all my USBC ports to no avail.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I’m sorry for the trouble, and would be glad to help. We’ll need to get some further details about the setup, and I would suggest to reach out to us directly at: Support@plugable.com to go over finer details:

• Run our Plug Debug with the CAP60 setup as you normally have it https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug
  • Check for OBS logs and errors: Help > Log Files > Show Log Files. If you could send over the most recent one at least, that could give some further detail on the situation.

We would suggest to reach out to us directly, rather than sending this information through the public forum. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.