(SOLVED) Plugable Audio Jack to USB Adapter Not Recognized in Windows 10

I would have gone directly through email from the start, but it infuriates me how many of these posts there are without a conclusion, so I INTEND on updating the post if it gets fixed. Also, I have used the support tool and am ready to send the report log when needed.
I bought the Plugable 3.5mm TRS audio jack to USB Adapter linked here and the first time I plugged it in, it showed up with no issue, but the audio sounded quiet and messed up as if the Headphone jack wasn’t plugged in all the way, so I unplugged the adapter and found out that that WAS the issue, so I pushed both MIC and headphone jack in all the way this time, and plugged the adapter back in… nothing. It never came back. (just to be clear, both the headphone and mic jack are TRS) I have tried on and off for days, restarting, checking windows update for drivers, using every USB port I can, even uninstalling&reinstalling all the USB hubs from device manager… NOTHING! Not a thing. Negative. Dead.
I just want to figure out what the issue is because this has been very annoying. Please get back to me if you want to keep customers from getting upset like this. I understand this is a weekend so I will be patient.
Edit: my order number: 113-9464749-2401019

Hello MrCasebi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I do apologize for the trouble you’ve had with the USB audio adapter, and I am here to help. It sounds like you’ve done a good deal of troubleshooting so far.

I definitely appreciate the diagnostic, if you would, please reach out to us directly at: support@plugable.com with the diagnostic results and your Amazon order number. Please use ticket #285608 as your subject. It seems that the adapter may need replacement, and I am here to help you with that.

Thank you, and I hope to hear back from you soon!

Kevin
Plugable Support

1 Like

Small Update I have found a temporary (possible permanent) fix for my setup that I actually kind of prefer over the usb solution. If you use a monitor with speakers and an aux out, then plug that into your speakers assuming they have an aux in. IDK why I never thought of this but I just got these used speakers for free and haven’t paid much attention to them.
I still want to get this resolved though, I am currently sending an email with the provided info.
Edit: This setup may create noise on the lower end and in my case, it is kinda bad. If you choose this, then get an aux noise isolater to get rid of the noise, even then I’m not sure if it will work for everyone. People have different experiences and I am yet to use one yet so I can not say for sure.

REAL UPDATE THIS TIME, IT IS FIXED:
After getting with Plugable support and talking things through, I was sent a replacement through their priority shipping as they call it, and had another one within 3 days, and as of now, the replacement works perfectly fine. It immediately picked up as it should and sounds great with no real difference that I could tell in audio quality. Good customer support through my small purchase so I am happy lol.

Hello MrCasebi,

Good to hear back from you! Glad to see the replacement did the trick. I am sorry that you had the trouble to begin with. Please let me know if anything comes up, and I’ll be here to help.

Thank you, and I hope you have a great week!

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.