Software not booting

Some software will not start, for example shot cut and xLights will not boot when the docking station is plugged in. If I unplug both pieces of software boot fine. I can then plug in the docking station and it works fine. I have a Lenovo Flex-15IML laptop with 16 ram with an intel i7 , running windows 10, display link version 10.1.2762.0. I also notice lag issues when doing editing.

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your docking station is not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, could you let me know which editing program is running into issues with lag?

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and leave everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 356798” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi David,

Hopefully you were able to resolve the issue, but I wanted to let you know that applications like xLights and other programs that use OpenGL can cause issues with DisplayLink-based docks. We do our best to call this out in our product listing under our FAQ. Here is the direct link to the article: https://kb.plugable.com/question/811929. As a quick summary, there are generally workarounds for these problems.

Hopefully this information was helpful, but please feel free to reach out if you have any follow-up questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.