Slow response to keyboard and mouse on web pages (fix)

I had extremely slow response to my keyboard input on webpage forms and scrolling. I read in another post that it was caused by a Microsoft Windows 7 update on 2/27/2013. The fix that was suggested by Employee was to do Windows Restore. I did not have a restore point, so I just uninstalled that update. That worked for me and things are responsive again.

To uninstall update 2670838, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
Click View installed updates.
Click Update for Microsoft Windows (KB 2670838), and then click Uninstall.
You will have to do a restart to complete the process.

I then went to the Windows Update and found that the update was again the que, so I right clicked on it and Hide it.

Hope this helps others.

Tom Scott

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting here! We did recommend doing a restore before we isolated it down to Windows update KB2670838. Once we isolated it down to Windows update KB2670838, we have been recommending uninstalling this update : http://support.plugable.com/plugable/…

Thanks for figuring out the right steps on your own and for sharing it here! It sure does help other users to know that the issue did indeed get fixed with these steps. So we really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to post back here or to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Thanks Roze. My search of the forum only found the one where it was recommended to Restore Windows. I don’t know if there is a way to highlight hot topics like this or not, but it would be useful.

Thanks for a great product.

Hello Roze,

I am having similar problems. I am unable to do the following:

(1) When I click on Firefox, it shows a black screen on the extended monitor.

(2) I am able to open chrome. I am able to type in the url and connect to a webpage. I am UNABLE to type in the good search field.

(3) On gmail, using Chrome, I click on a message and it takes over 60 seconds to load the email message.

These problems occurred after I sent my notebook to IT for virus removal. They may have used updates.

Resolutions used: I successfully deleted Windows update KB2670838, but the problems still persist.

Any other ideas you may have?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting here! Could you connect the adapter to the system, run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…) and send us the .zip it generates on the desktop as an attachment to support@plugable.com along with your amazon order ID and a link to this thread?

That will give us a better insight as to what is going on the software side. Once we analyze the .zip, we will figure out the next steps to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Roze