Slow and disconnecting network

Hello,

I recently purchased a UD-3900. It is connected to a MS Surface Pro 2. I have been having some issues with the networking both being consistently slow and then dropping out completely. In running tests, the wifi has been consistently faster than the lan speeds.

Hi David,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry the network performance is poor when using the dock. I’d be happy to help!

Just to confirm, the poor performance is when using the wired Ethernet port on the dock itself, correct? Assuming that is the case, the first thing to check if you haven’t already is the cable itself. If you have another Ethernet cable available can you swap it in temporarily just as a test to see if the performance is better?

Let us know the results when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks. I tried multiple network cables that were known to be good.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back so quickly and letting me know you tried other cables. Sorry if it seemed redundant but so often cables are the problem. The next step would be to send you a replacement dock that has been pre-tested in our labs to ensure it is working properly. Please send an email to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 107181’ in the subject line and your Amazon Order ID, dock serial number from under the base of the unit and your preferred shipping address and we can get the process started (don’t post those details here, just include them in your email).

Thank you,

Bob

Thank you for your quick response. I have a new switch and some cat 6 cables coming later this week. I’ll try that out as well and get back to you with whether or not that resolves it. If not, I’ll get get back to you to have a tested version sent out.

Thank you for your willingness to make this right. Your customer service has been fantastic and I really appreciate it. It turns out that the problem was on my end. After swapping out the hub for a router and upgrading the cables to cat 6, this issue and a number of others that had been causing trouble were resolved. Thanks again for your help.

Hi David,

Thanks for the update, and thank you for the kind words! I’m glad everything is now working properly with the new router and cables.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future!

Thank you,

Bob