Sleep problems

I started using the hub about 3 days ago and now my computer will not go to sleep on it’s own.

Hi Carla,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’d be glad to help! Let’s start by checking a few things:

1. What OS is your computer running?
  2. What devices do you have connected to the hub? Do you see the sleep issue regardless of which devices are connected?
  3. If you go to Start, type in “Power Management” in the search field, and select “Change when the computer sleeps”, what’s the current setting under both “On Battery” and “Plugged In” for “Put the Computer to Sleep”?

Thanks for any details you can provide!

Ellen

I am using Windows 7 for my OS. I have the mouse, internet adapter and my printer plugged into the hub. I was not having any problems before. I tried restarting my system and that didn’t fix my problem. I changed the power settings and it didn’t work either. I have it on the recommended setting that automatically balances performance and energy consumption. I don’t see a setting that says On Battery or Plugged in. I changed the settings from 2 hours to 3 hours and it didn’t help. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Carla,

One possibility is that one of the devices connected to the hub is active and keeping the computer from sleeping. Do you have more than 1 USB port on your computer? A good test would be to take out the hub and connect your devices directly to the computer, to see if the sleep issue still persists. And what if you have no devices connected to the computer at all? Does the computer go to sleep currently?

Windows 7 not going to sleep is actually a fairly common problem and can be caused by a variety of things, I did some research and found this article with step by step instructions on some possible solutions to try:
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/win…

Thanks,
Ellen

I had all the devices plugged directly into the computer before I got the hub and I didn’t have any problems. I had it set to go to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity and it worked just fine. I just needed more slots for other devices. I have 6 USB ports. I didn’t want to have to plug any of my devices into the front of my computer so I could have access to ports so I can charge my phone and camera. I can put the computer to sleep manually with no problems.

If you disconnect the hub now and connect the devices directly, do you still see the sleep issue? I’m wondering because something else might have changed on the machine or on the devices that is also contributing to the problem. This test would help narrow down the issue.

Thanks,
Ellen

I plugged everything back in just the way it was before I used the hub and it works fine. It goes to sleep ok. If I plug the hub directly into a usb port on the front of my computer and use it just for my phone and camera it works fine.That is the way I have it hooked up right now. I am going to try different things and use a process of elimination and see what happens. Thank you for your help. If I cannot get it hooked up the way I would like it I will get back with you.