Simple Small USB-C ( Thunderbolt 3 compatible) adapter with power password for say XPS and USB 3.0 or USB 3.1 port

Some Background:

I have XPS 13 2in1 with Pluggable Dual Display Port adapter - but I would also like to connect USB items like Keyboard and such - but I would like Power charging at same time.

I am currently typing this on my XPS 13 connected with both Samsung 4k and Samsung Curve 27in and external keyboard.

It would be nice to have small adapter plug so that it would keep laptop charge while connected to displays.

I am aware of your new docking stations and curious about that in conjunction with the dual displayport adapter.

One more thing it would be nice if backwards compatible for non Thunderbolt USB 3.1 adapters - my XPS has two 3.1 ports one which is Thunderbolt connected to monitors and other one is connected a pluggable usb 3.0 hub.

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for posting! To your questions…

We don’t have a solution to charge a system with a single Thunderbolt 3 (TB3) port when the port already has our TB3 Dual Display adapter connected, but our upcoming TBT3-UDV docking station (http://plugable.com/thunderbolt-3) will allow you to charge the host system while providing the ability to connect up to two additional displays, the first display being connected to the DisplayPort output built-in to the dock and the second using a purchased separately USB-C to DP or HDMI adapter (due to how the TB3 port in your Dell works, you will not be able to use the Dual DisplayPort adapter in conjunction with the TB3 dock).

To your backwards compatibility question, both our TB3 dock and dual display adapters require a TB3 port to work so they will not be compatible with USB-C only ports.

Hopefully that information helps!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support