Signal problems

Hi, I have a Plugable UD-3900 for almost 2 years and in these last 3 months have experienced some problems. I have 2 monitors attached to my laptop one connected to the HDMI port on the laptop and the second monitor connected to the station. The monitor connected to the station takes at least about 7 or 8 minutes to receive signal and be active presenting graphics in those minutes appears as if the monitor is not connected, past these 7 or 8 minutes the monitor is activated and displayed the graphics normally.

Anyway, today I had to reinstall the drivers DisplayGraphics because none of the 3 monitors have signal, neither the laptop nor the external monitor 1 or monitor 2. Disconnecting external usb station, the signal back at least to the laptop and monitor connected to the HDMI port on the laptop (monitor 1), reconnected the station, the signal of the 3 monitors left. Reinstalling the drivers, I returned to the behavior described in the first paragraph.

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry your docking station stopped working as expected, and I would be happy to help.

Given your description of the behavior there are a few things we’ll want to double-check. The first is to see if the docking station just needs to be reset. If you would, please disconnect both the power and the USB cables from the back of the dock and keep them disconnected for at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and wait at least 10 seconds and then reconnect the USB cable to see if the dock is now working correctly.

If that doesn’t help, the next thing to check is that the video cable from the dock isn’t the culprit by replacing it with another known good cable.

Let us know if those suggestions help, and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi, i try reset the dock but it seems to have no effect and the problem continues. Just to add something, this happens when the laptop leaves the suspended state or when Windows starts.

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for getting back with the update. Given your most recent description, our next step is to examine some log files. If you would just after the behavior has occurred when you resume from sleep, please run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug Once complete, please send the file it creates on your desktop to support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket 145048’ in the subject line so we can match everything up (please don’t post the file to this forum post)

Just send us the file when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi, I sent an email with the result.