Signal instability: Dell U3818DW to Surface Book 2 thru UD-ULTCDL 4K HDMI Port

I’m experiencing the same problem described by jwb in July 2019 with an intermittent signal loss between a Plugable UD-ULTCGL USB-C Triple Display Docking Station and a Dell U3818DW. I just bought the Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station this past week (May 2021) to connect to my Microsoft Service Book 2.

Has Plugable has updated the product to support 3840 x 1600 resolution yet? If not, does Plugable make a docking station that supports 3840 x 1600 resolution?

Dumbing down the resolution from the recommended 3840 X 1600 to 1920 x 1080 is like connecting to a cathode ray tube (CRT) salvaged from an electronics landfill.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that docking station.

One thing that I did want to address before going much further is that there is a known issue with some versions of the Surface Book 2 that us a combination of Intel and Nvidia GPUs. We do note this in our Device Compatibility sheet and we only recommend the UD-ULTCDL dock for the Intel only version that we have tested to work.

As such we do want to confirm if this is the Intel/Nvidia or Intel only version of the Surface Book 2.

That being said I am happy to help find a dock that may work better with that computer and display if you like and you are still in the 30 day return window for Amazon.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.