Sharp Roku is not found on laptop

I bought a Sharp 50" 4K UHD HDR LED Roku Smart TV (LC-50LBU591C) yesterday from Bestbuy.

I am trying to connect it to my laptop for mirroring, I followed every step as other tv on my windows 10! it can not see the TV. If I go through setting and add device it find tv as multimedia device but right Unavailable beside. I put more than 3 days can not find issue. Can you help me with that? what is the problem? what should I do?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Thank you for providing the TV model number, I can only find specifications for the LC-50LBU591U on either Sharp or BestBuy’s website. Based on the specifications for this model the television does not support VGA input, only 3 HDMI and Composite input.

Can you let me know how the adapter is connected to the television? For example is the VGA end connected to the laptop and the HDMI end connected to the television?

Please also let me know the manufacturer name and model number of the laptop.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello, thanks for answering. I am looking for connecting by wireless, laptop is lenovo G5080. I am grateful for your answer. My laptop can not find it as wireless display. Just in the part of add device knows it as multimedia device and says it is unavailable

Hi,

Thanks for the additional details, I am sorry, we do not manufacturer or support any wireless display technologies at this time. Based on the laptop’s specifications a HDMI cable would be the best option for connecting this display.

I can recommend contacting Sharp support to verify this television supports WiDi or other wireless display technologies.

I am sorry I don’t have a wireless solution for connecting this system to the television.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies